Triple Black 1972 Ford Mustang Convertible in Great Condition.
Produced in Dearborn, Michigan this mustang was shipped out to its first owner in Los Angeles, California where it has remained all of its life. Still bearing the 6 digit blue and yellow California license plates which were recently restored.
Exterior jet black paint in great shape. Laser straight body panels, great gaps, fitment.
All exterior trim in good to great shape. Chrome bumpers, window trim straight, shiny without any pitting.
Recent R + R of front window guides, bushing replacement. Easy up / down rolling.
Starts up with a kick or two of gas, runs smoothly with the perfect V8 rumble coming from the H style twin exhaust pipes.
Suspension tight, precise.
This is a Q code which means the left the factory with a Cleveland 351 V8 with a 4 barrel carburetor. Its equipped with air conditioning, power steering, power brakes, front disc brakes, power convertible top.
These big bodied Mustangs are harder to find in nice shape, and are more expensive to fix properly, too. They are coming to their own, and with the right tasteful mods they look great.
This one has been in a dry climate, thus is rust free and has no weld work underneath.
There is approximately 12k. worth of recent work which is outlined below :
– New dash pad, gauge covers,
(Still have new houndstooth front seat covers to in box)
– Head / Valve job less than 500 miles
– New Manifold
– New Distributor
– Recent Tune Up
– Recent Fluid flush, top off
– New Rotors, Pads
– Rebuilt Transmission
– Recent suspension replacement (New Shocks, bushing kit, upper and lower control arms, alignment, etc)
– Some misc. rubber seals throughout the car
– Spark Plugs
– Spark Plug Wires
– New Freeze Plugs
– New Pertronix ignition Coil
– New Steering Column
– New Turn Signal
– New Carlite Windshield, Window Seal
– New Dash Pad
– New Gauge Lenses
– New Carpet
– New Rubber Floor Matts
– New Carburetor (Holley 600) but includes the original Motorcraft rebuilt inside trunk
– New Trunk Matt
– New Battery with period cover plate
Click the image below to enter the 150+ Photo Gallery that includes a walk around and driving video.