On offer today is an excellent 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe in silver blue metallic with 88k miles on the ODO. This car has been off the road since 2007, and during that time it has been mechanically gone through, repainted in its original color.
Here is a list of what was done during the down time:
– Rebuilt Engine 30 over
– Rebuilt C4 transmission
– Aluminum roller rockers
– Schneider 264 D 480 L can
– Mild port on the heads
– Aluminum high flow water pump
– Ceramic coated Tri y headers
– Aluminum Flow master exhaust
– Edelbrock fuel pump
– Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
– Edelbrock 500 CFM carb with manual choke
– MSD ignition
– Mallory distributor
– Fuel tank
– Sending unit
– Stainless steel disc brake conversion
– Total Control tubular upper and lower control arms
– Total Control strut rods
– Polyurethane strut rod bushings
– Polyurethane front and rear sway bar bushings
– 620 lb front coil springs
– 4 1/2 leaf reverse Eye Performance leaf springs
– 1 1/8” front seats bar and rear seat bar
– American Racing 15 x 7 Torque Thrust D wheels
– Fiberglass Shelby style hood with hood pins (no wires)
It’s a C code chassis which means that it was originally produced from the factory as a V8. It lived in California all of its life, 20 of them sitting inside of a garage.
Aesthetically the car has very good lines, even for a Mustang. There are a few paint chips, small scratches but overall paint shows a strong 9/10. The body work shows no bulging or bubbles anywhere, which means there is no filler / Bondo. At this point the paint job is over 15+ years old and if there was an issue it would surface. The undercarriage is honest, clean and rust free. There is no welding evidence or previous repairs, undercoating. The glass and chrome is in good condition. She shuts right, and all the windows roll up / down, swivel easily. Front windshield has a few pits.
Interior remains largely original apart from the RPM gauge mounted directly to the top of the dash. The dash does have 1 crack and the windshield has a few chips although none directly obstructs the driving experience. The ProCar Rally front seats give very good lateral support. Very snug, seat belts are almost optional. Under the dash is a water temperature gauge as well as an oil pressure gauge. Original radio still present, however there is currently no antenna.
All in all this is a great vintage racer inspired pony that screams for a 5-speed transmission upgrade and turned into a Targa rally mobile. It’s solid, light, and reliable. It runs between 160-165 degrees, shows no oil leaking / dripping issues, needs immediately nothing.
In the last 50 miles it has had:
– New battery
– New BF Good ridge Radial T/A white letter tires
– Oil change
– Brake booster install
– Brake Bleed
– Misc. trim installed
– All suspension checked, lubed
Includes clean California title, car cover, spare, manual, original front seats.
A recent oil change, brake adjustment, brake bleed, brake booster addition and alignment make this Pony ready to go.
Walk Around / Driving Video :
Click the image below to enter the 100+ Photo Gallery